170 years and counting! A sacred space on G Street.

Our church building was completed in 1844, and we are going to show our gratitude to this grand old house of prayer during its 170th anniversary year. In the weeks to come, we will talk about the history, architecture, beauty, use, developments, and challenges of our church building. Throughout it all, the story of the Epiphany church is one of courage, compassion, and deep faith. How has our sacred space supported you in your faith journey? We welcome your comments.

7 Comments

1. Anne Headley

Fri 17th Jan 2014 at 4:54 pm

Sounds very interesting. I’m really impressed by the artwork accompanying this article. What is it? Where is it? Why not sell copies of it to contribute to the ongoing restoration of the building?

• Randolph Charles

Sun 26th Jan 2014 at 8:03 pm

Anne,
      Thanks for the idea of selling copies. The piece is a watercolor of Epiphany as seen from the garden.
      Randolph

2. cassie symon

Sat 01st Feb 2014 at 9:41 pm

How lovely! The new newsletter is a great idea and yes, the watercolor is beautiful! Thank you for this new gift.

3. Materace

Tue 11th Feb 2014 at 7:01 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I
    might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to looking at your web page again.

• epiphany

Tue 11th Feb 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thank you very much for your interest. We would love to get to know you. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions about the Epiphany Community.
      Peace,
      Melanie Slane
      mslane@epiphanydc.org

4. Meredith Hendrickson

Thu 19th Jun 2014 at 1:21 am

I applaud Epiphany’s guiding principles of righting moral inequities. As I grew up, my church preached the all-embracing goodness of God, and I believed in that God. Fifty years ago, I walked out in the middle of a sermon that strongly condemned homosexuality as an unforgivable abomination in God’s eyes. I never returned. It is my hope that Epiphany ‘s pulpit now supports all God’s children.

5. Doretta

Sun 29th Jun 2014 at 4:43 am

Back to the watercolor, I agree, it is lovely and if the artist would agree to its publication in support of building donations, that would be wonderful. Additional Idea: If the artist could do a similar work as a snow scene, perhaps with Christmas greens decorating the red doors, that would make a lovely Christmas card — again with sales supporting Epiphany’s building fund? I hope you will approach the artist to develop these ideas. Thank you, Epiphany Folks!